In modern business, your internet and social media presence are a key part of your success. When you want to draw attention to your Dallas-Fort Worth based business, search engine optimization, or SEO, is an important part of how you stand out from the competition. When a potential customer is looking for the goods and services you provide, you want your company to be on the first page of search results. Studies have shown dropping to just the second page can greatly reduce the amount of traffic your site receives. With proper SEO, you ensure your website and social media accounts are seen by those most interested in what you offer. SEO is always changing and evolving to meet current market trends, technological changes, and customer needs. Here are trends to keep in mind to help you optimize your location in search engine results.
Six Important SEO Trends
- Target Your Audience: the content on your website should be written to focus on and inform your visitors. Writing just to drive hits and increase visitors without a focus on the quality of your content hurts your search result rankings. Topics and content that are informative, helpful, and relevant to your visitors improve your rankings. Write your website’s content with a focus on what your visitors are looking for, considering what information they are seeking, what problems they are looking to solve, and the type of help you are looking for.
- Show Real Expertise: a lot of websites display content with no real information on the writer and how their skills or experience are relevant to the topic they are writing about. To improve your content, you should include an author’s bio to show the skill and history of the writer. This shows the readers that your content can be trusted. Also, include author pages, so you can organize articles based on the author, and you can further include links to writers’ social media accounts to show that your writers are real people who can be trusted.
- Helpful Content: the content you write will have better SEO if it is considered helpful. Content that is considered helpful is content that is written for the readers, suitable for your audience, written for the services and goods you provide, written by writers experienced on the topic they are writing about, and the writer is well-informed about the topic.
- Quality: SEO rankings depend on more than just the volume of content. Publishing several articles a month that do not offer much in terms of assistance to your readers will not improve your rankings. It’s far more effective to write a smaller number of articles that are rich in helpful content and written by writers who demonstrate expertise in the topic and field.
- Writing a Good Product Page: when writing pages for the products you sell, providing helpful information and needed details improves both the reader experience and your search engine results. Additions to your product pages can include FAQS, reviews from past customers, shipping policies, return policies, information about warranties, and any add-ons if you offer them. These additions help answer general questions that your visitors may have.
- Efficient Websites: web pages that offer fast loading times and high performance have better search engine rankings. Improving your website’s loading time and overall efficiency can be accomplished by making proper use of content and using the latest in design ideas and website design formats. This can be accomplished by in-house teams or outside third parties if you need expert assistance.
Proper SEO is a key driver of the overall effectiveness of your company’s website and social media pages. You cannot reach potential customers if you do not show up in their search results. With proper SEO, customers looking for what you offer will be able to find you.