Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and it’s not just about family and food. It’s a prime time for businesses to draw in more customers. It is the unofficial signal for the holiday shopping frenzy. This year, an estimated 158.3 million people are set to make their purchases online during the Thanksgiving weekend. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday evolving into shopping extravaganzas, Thanksgiving marketing offers a chance to distinguish your business. Businesses can offer unique and thrilling opportunities. Shoppers often hold out for these events to snag the best deals. So, by providing something special, you can entice new customers. For small business owners, this presents an unmissable opportunity.
In this article, we’ve assembled different Thanksgiving marketing ideas. These will help your business make a mark during this holiday season.
Marketing Across Different Industries
Jessica Shee of iBoysoft said, Thanksgiving is a big deal for American families. 96% celebrate it over a delicious meal. This makes Thanksgiving an important time for marketing campaigns. It is especially beneficial for grocery stores, bulk warehouses, and convenience stores. Liquor stores and wine shops also benefit.
The travel industry is another winner this holiday. 34% of Americans planned to travel for Thanksgiving in 2022. That’s more than a third of the population. So, businesses targeting travelers should consider Thanksgiving marketing.
Of these travelers, 24% are going on vacation, making hotels, hostels, and B&Bs key players in the Thanksgiving marketing game. Let’s explore how these marketing ideas are different across different industries and businesses.
Restaurant Marketing Ideas for Thanksgiving
Some restaurants open later on this holiday, so they can get creative and focus on a special Thanksgiving brunch. For your brunch menu, consider offering a variety of delightful dishes. Include frittatas with cranberry sauce, sweet potato quiche, pumpkin muffins, coffee, waffles, pies, and mini bagels.
Make your customers feel at home. Create unique Thanksgiving specials to cater to everyone. Some people will be searching for a “Thanksgiving buffet near me,” so consider offering a Thanksgiving buffet menu.
Here are a couple of restaurant ideas for Thanksgiving:
- Offer a special menu with 3-4 courses and desserts, with options for both adults and children. You could even host a themed dinner event with music and entertainment.
- Create a unique holiday menu alongside your regular offerings.
- Thanksgiving is a time for giving. Consider donating a portion of your Thanksgiving proceeds to a charity. Involve your staff in volunteering at a soup kitchen.
- Thanksgiving giveaways are an excellent way to engage your customers. You can offer prizes like a full Thanksgiving meal, a goodies basket, or discount vouchers.
- Promoting your Thanksgiving restaurant can be done through social media. You can share mouth-watering food photos and special prices and use descriptive words.
Travel Marketing Ideas for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is an excellent time to promote travel as a valuable gift. You can use an e-newsletter or a social media campaign to explain why travel is a great present. Studies show experiences make people happier than possessions.
Remind your audience that you can help make holiday dreams come true. Offer special gift cards that people can purchase for travel this season.
Show appreciation to your audience by offering something special. It can be a discount on your planning fee or exclusive travel guides. Remember to share these gifts directly with your email list since they are already your valued subscribers. Send Thanksgiving-themed emails to greet your customers. Let them know about upcoming holiday offers.
Collaborate with local businesses that share the spirit of Thanksgiving. Create co-branded content for your website and social media. Think about joint promotions with nearby businesses.
E-commerce Marketing Ideas for Thanksgiving
Now, let’s discuss the best ideas for e-commerce business owners. Selling things online is a big deal during the holidays. If you run an e-commerce business and want to make the most of Thanksgiving marketing, consider these three ideas:
- People love holiday decorations, and Thanksgiving is no exception. You can market your business by offering specific products that match the Thanksgiving theme. Many people look for these items, said Simon Brisk, Cofounder of Click Intelligence.
- Holidays and sales go hand in hand. This is a great time to create a shopping frenzy with a Thanksgiving sale. People are more likely to make impulse purchases during this season.
- Another exciting idea is to be creative with how you package your products. Unique packaging can help your products stand out during the holiday rush. You can use Thanksgiving-themed stickers or even create custom designs.
- Consider putting together holiday gift baskets filled with your products and other items like merch, wine, or festive mugs and ornaments.
- Offer free shipping to your customers. Many people shop online for holiday gifts, and free shipping can attract more customers and boost your sales, shared by Elisa Bender, Cofounder & Ecommerce Expert of RevenueGeeks.
Alex Williams of Findthisbest put his opinion as, SEO is the best marketing strategy for small businesses. The thing is, most people search on Google before buying anything. If the majority of your audience is on search engines, it only makes sense to market yourself there. And SEO is the best way to go. SEO is cheap and doesn’t require a large budget. You only need to have some basic knowledge to get started. You can learn the rest as you go.
Real Estate Marketing Ideas for Thanksgiving
Even in the real estate business, holiday marketing can make a difference. If you’re a real estate business owner seeking Thanksgiving marketing ideas, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some ideas that you can use to boost your business.
- A house becomes a home when it’s filled with the warmth of family. To use Thanksgiving marketing effectively, focus on the concept of a “family home.” You can share pictures of families celebrating Thanksgiving in their homes on your social media or billboards.
- Consider sponsoring a Turkey Bowl, a special football game for the holiday season. You can also participate in or sponsor a Thanksgiving fundraising event.
- In real estate, you have your clients’ addresses. Use this advantage to reward past and existing clients with tokens of appreciation, like food vouchers or discounts. Collaborate with local vendors or retailers to make this gesture even more cost-effective.
Thanksgiving offers a unique opportunity for businesses to connect with their customers, express gratitude, and boost sales. Companies have the power to win over customers and leave a lasting impression. So, as you plan your Thanksgiving marketing strategies, remember the essence of the holiday – to give thanks and share the joy. With these creative marketing ideas, you can make this Thanksgiving season a memorable and successful one for your business.