The ever-increasing demand for top talent globally means recruiting good candidates is a challenging task. And did you know that hiring the wrong candidate for a job position can be very costly both in terms of money and time? That’s why HR teams across the globe are striving to achieve greater efficiency and quality.
While there isn’t a one-fit-all technique, you can improve your recruitment success through a number of ways. From psychometric tests in recruitment to improving candidate engagement, here are six ways to boost your recruitment success.
As the digital revolution increases its speed, an increasing number of recruiters is turning to psychometric tests in recruitment. This technique helps recruiters to hire more efficiently and get the right candidates. So, how do psychometric tests improve recruitment success?
- Recruiters can use psychometric testing to evaluate each candidate further and better understand how they might behave and perform in their workplace.
- Different psychometric tests are available. Each is designed to assess a different trait and skill. Recruiters can pick the test that is suitable for their organization and the relevant job vacancy. Doing so allows them to create a hiring process tailor-made for their needs and requirements.
- Psychometric tests are much more than personality. They provide a useful view of candidates, revealing their aptitude and logical processes for solving problems, the capability to interpret and analyze data via a series of numerical and verbal-based tests, logical reasoning, and situation judgment.
Improve Candidate Engagement
Each interaction and conversation with a potential candidate is an opportunity to disengage and engage the individual. As you interact, a positive or negative relationship is established. Declined applicants can be sources of other successful job candidates. So, they’re just as vital to engage. To improve candidate engagement, employers need to:
- Establish a hiring process timeline
- Follow up with applicants in a timely manner
- Communicate expectations and decisions to the applicants
- Make an excellent impression
- Gather feedback from the applicant
Boost Your Candidate Sourcing
Many people who’re employed are still open to other fresh opportunities. Boost your applicant sources to access those passive candidates. Some of the techniques employers can use to improve their candidate sourcing are:
- Take advantage of social media platforms
- Attend events
- Get referrals
- Invest in sourcing tools
Evaluate Potential Candidates Effectively
An enhanced recruitment process revolves around screening techniques that help employers choose the most qualified applicants. Let’s discover some of these techniques:
- Review work assignments and samples
- Try tests
- Structure or semi-structure your interviews
On top of these techniques, invest heavily in training for your hiring crew. Training hiring teams helps them evaluate potential candidates better, which boosts the quality of hires.
Encourage a Culture of Inclusion and Diversity
There’s still an inherent bias in recruiting processes. A hiring process needs to align with the organization’s vision, mission, and values. Also, it should align with the drive, motivation, ambition, and aptitude of employees.
Many employers are actively embracing diversity, but they are failing to recognize the importance of inclusion. Inclusion involves encouraging and allowing people to be themselves. They should be willing to share their points of view and unique talents.
Encouraging a sense of individuality and inclusivity in employees has proven to reduce turnover and increase greater retention.
Enhance Candidate Experience
Each interaction with applicants shapes their impression of your organization. A positive applicant experience is excellent for your brand and helps you establish a healthy pipeline. Some factors to consider include:
- Make your application process shorter
- Keep your careers page updated
- Keep your applicants in the loop
Improving your recruitment should be an ongoing process. Utilize proven techniques like psychometric tests in recruitment to boost its success. Other methods discussed above can also help revamp your recruiting process. So consider them and others you may find helpful.