The Hungarian residency procedure
The Hungarian residency procedure is a multi-step process that requires some time and money. You need to apply for a residency permit, submit documents and pay fees, pass medical exams, take English tests and pass Hungarian language tests.
In order to apply for a Hungarian residency permit you need to submit:
- your application form (you can download it from the official website)
- proof of health insurance coverage valid in Hungary (for example European Health Insurance Card)
- proof of adequate housing conditions if you want to live alone or with your family members who are not EU citizens
How to apply for a Hungarian residency?
To apply for a Hungarian residency, you need to prove that you are eligible for one. To do so, you will have to fill out an application form and provide documents that prove your eligibility.
- You need to be able to prove that you have enough money in your bank account (at least EUR 12000).
- You need to provide documents showing that there is a place where you can live permanently (a house/apartment).
You need to provide documents showing that you have health insurance coverage for the whole period of your stay in Hungary.
Can I get an EU passport by moving to Hungary?
You can get a Hungarian residency by living in the country for at least 5 years.
You can also obtain a Hungarian citizenship by marrying a Hungarian citizen. This is one of the easiest ways to get an EU passport, but it’s not guaranteed to work out every time (you’ll have to meet certain conditions).
Finally, you can consider investing in Hungary and obtaining an investor visa that allows you to live there while working on your project or business idea.
What are the requirements for getting a residency in Hungary?
In order to get a residency in Hungary, you must have:
- A valid passport.
- A clean criminal record. If you’ve ever been convicted of a crime or sentenced to jail time, this could make it difficult for you to obtain your Hungarian residency permit. However, if your conviction is older than five years and doesn’t involve violence against others (such as murder), then it’s possible that the Hungarian government will overlook it when reviewing your application for permanent residency status in Hungary. In addition, some less serious offenses may be considered “spent” by law after a certain amount of time has passed since they were committed; if so, these offenses won’t appear on official background checks conducted by authorities before issuing new resident permits.
Moving to another country can be a great experience, but it can also be difficult.
Moving to another country can be a great experience, but it can also be difficult. You will need to learn a new language, find a job, get used to the culture and weather, and find somewhere to live.
It’s important that you choose where you want your permanent home before applying for residency in Hungary. Once you have decided where this will be then it’s time for some research!
We hope that this article has helped you understand the Hungarian residency procedure and how to apply for it. We also want to remind you that there are many other things that need to be taken into account when moving abroad, such as finding work or school for your children. If you have any questions about getting a residency permit in Hungary or elsewhere in Europe, please contact us at FirmaX Hungary!