People with shift work sleep disorder usually suffer from lack of productivity. In order to manage this condition, they will need to buy modafinil online. When they buy modafinil, they have access to that generic form of Armodafinil that is recommended for treating the condition.
What is Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD)?
The shift work sleep disorder is a condition that interferes with the natural circadian rhythm of people who work outside normal working hours. Many people who have non-traditional work shifts are usually diagnosed to have SWSD. These include workers who have irregular schedules, night shifts, or rotating shifts. Many of these workers usually find themselves working outside traditional business hours of 9 am to 5 pm. This way, their natural circadian rhythms or sleep-wake circles will be disrupted. Due to their non-traditional work hours being out of sync with the internal clock in their bodies, they tend to develop a shift work sleep disorder (SWSD).
Risk factors and causes of SWSD
SWSD works to disrupt the natural circadian sleep rhythm of the person. Some of the common risk factors of SWSD includes:
- Irregular work shifts: If you work at irregular times of the day, this can affect your natural sleep rhythm. This is usually common among people with rotating or night shifts.
- Long hours of being awake: Apart from working irregular shifts, if people stay up for extended time periods, this can easily affect their natural internal body clock. This way, they develop SWSD because they do not know how to establish a regular sleep pattern.
- Inadequate access to natural light: If you do not have enough contact with natural light, you are at risk of developing SWSD. This usually happens to people who work at night time. Due to the inadequacy of natural light, this affects the ability of their bodies to produce melatonin. This hormone is very important when it comes to controlling the sleep-wake cycles of a person.
- Extensive work: When people work extensively or under a lot of stress, this makes it impossible for them to relax properly. Because of this, they may find it hard to sleep outside regular working hours.
- Age: People who are old are at risk of SWSD since they may not have the ability to properly get used to working with rotating or night shifts.
Symptoms of SWSD
Since many non-traditional workers have their shifts outside regular business hours, this affects their sleep-wake cycles. Due to this disruption, they tend to develop the following symptoms as a sign for SWSD:
- Sleeping excessively during the daytime when they should be working.
- They lose the urge to go to sleep during night time (insomnia).
- They find it hard to stay asleep because they keep waking up.
- Signs of reduced alertness and fatigue while you work your regular work hours.
- The inability to make the right decisions or concentrate properly.
- Disturbances to the mood such as depression or irritability
- Signs of gastrointestinal problems
- Increased risk for errors and accidents, especially among workers whose shifts are during the night.
How to treat SWSD
SWSD is a chronic sleep condition that can negatively impact both the mental and physical health of the person. It is important for the patient to easily manage this condition. In order to manage the SWSD as a condition, it is important for the patient to improve their sleep quality. They will also take essential steps to adapting to their work schedule. Some of the best ways to manage SWSD includes:
- Using medications such as Armodafinil
- Practicing better sleeping hygiene
- Putting blackout curtains around where you sleep
- Creating a conducive environment for sleep
How does Armodafinil work?
When it comes to taking the right medication for shift work sleep disorder, Armodafinil is one of the best options. This medication is a wakefulness-promoting drug that helps to treat shift work sleep disorder. When taken by the patient, the Armodafinil goes straight to the brain. It acts on several neurotransmitters, especially dopamine.
While in the brain, Armodafinil works to boost the production of dopamine. Dopamine is one of the main neurotransmitters that help trigger motivation and alertness in human beings. It does this by blocking dopamine reuptakes. When this happens in the brain, it enhances cognitive abilities as well as wakefulness. The great thing about Armodafinil is that it works effectively without producing the same degree of side effects or stimulation as regular stimulants.
How safe is Armodafinil?
Armodafinil is generally a safe medication when used as a wakefulness-promoting medication. However, while this drug is potent, it is only recommended by a professional health expert. When taking the medication, you should let your doctor know about this as it can affect other medications.
Dosage and administration of Armodafinil
Armodafinil can be used to treat a wide range of conditions including SWSD. There are various recommended dosages of Armodafinil when it comes to treating sleeping disorders. It is important for each patient to follow specific instructions from their doctors. Individual dosage recommendations of patients may vary based on their health history and their conditions. The recommended dosage for shift work sleep disorder for adults is 150 milligrams. This should be taken about an hour before the commencement of their jobs. For children, the recommended dosage is usually decided by the doctor.
Possible side effects of Armodafinil
Armodafinil like every other wakefulness-promoting medication comes with its own side effects. Many side effects that occur as a result of the medication usually do not need any medicinal attention. With this medicine, you may get possible side effects such as skin irritations, poor breathing, irregular heartbeats, fever, headaches, skin rashes, and so on.
You can buy Armodafinil the same way that you buy Modafinil online. Armodafinil is available under the brand name, Nuvigil. This is an FDA-approved wakefulness-promoting medication. Manufactured by Cephalon, it is available in three strengths of 50 mg, 150 mg, and 250 mg. This drug is available as an oral medication
People with shift work sleep disorder find it hard to stay productive. This gets worse if they have non-traditional jobs. In order to keep their body’s rhythm under check, it is important to buy Modafinil to treat this condition. They can buy Modafinil online to ensure that they get the right product for the condition.